From: "Paul" <pcas1986@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: GTKADA Installation Questions
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 06:56:30 GMT
Date: 2009-10-08T06:56:30+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,
	I'm trying to work my way through the GTKADA tutorial examples and
have some questions about the preferred installation of GNAT and
GTKADA.  I'm using Windows XP (sorry :o)), GNAT GPL 2009, GTKADA GPL
2.14.0 and GPS GPL 4.3.2.  All of these from the Libre site.

There was an interesting discussion back in September regarding runtime
errors and the pango.aliases file which was useful.  I had the same
problem but while sorting that out I discovered that the GNAT
installation and GTKADA installations have similar, but slightly
different, directory structures.  This resulted in me having two
different copies of the pango.aliases file.  Naturally I updated the
wrong file and was rewarded by exactly the same error!  Perhaps there
is a PATH problem I need to fix.   I also noticed that some of the
duplicated files have different date/time stamps which is disturbing.

So my question is should I be installing GTKADA "on top" of GNAT so
that the duplicated directories overlap?  The installation process
doesn't imply that this is a useful thing to do.

Rgds

Paul