From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: ANN: Simple Components v3.1
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:36:56 +0200
Date: 2008-06-30T09:36:56+02:00	[thread overview]

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:31:07 -0700 (PDT), christoph.grein@eurocopter.com
wrote:

> On 29 Jun., 21:15, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
> wrote:
>> � �http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm
>> - A test added for a GNAT GPL 2008 bug.
>
> It would be interesting which bug you found.

The bug is in initialization/finalization of controlled objects. It appears
when a record type is initialized by an aggregate. The record type has a
controlled component and a discriminant. The controlled component in the
aggregate is produced by a function call. The result would be missing
component finalization when the function result is copied.

This constellation is not very common, so it is not that catastrophic. My
guess is that the bug is a side effect of freshly introduced limited
aggregates/return functions. So I didn't report it separately. I already
reported another bug of premature finalization to AdaCore. Both I believe,
is just one issue.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov