From: Mark Eichin <eichin@cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: Ada package for linear assignment problem
Date: 1997/04/02
Date: 1997-04-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> Why not just use the Fortran version, and interface to it? It always
> seems to me to be an error-prone waste of time to convert things to
> Ada just for the sake of convesion.

I've seen citations right here, actually, of conversions (from C, some
popular bitmap image handling package if I recall right) to Ada
actually finding bugs in the package simply due to the tighter
semantics of Ada... so in general (though admittedly perhaps not in
this specific case) the conversion can be quite valuable.