From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT and a very foreign DLL
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 16:19:41 GMT
Date: 2002-01-07T16:19:41+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <mailman.1010276762.30835.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>, Alexandre E.
Kopilovitch says...
>Because with that Link_Name the suffix "@nn" is still appended. As the GNAT
>User's Guide honestly says (at the end of Microsoft Windows Topics/Windows
>Calling Conventions/Stdcall Calling Convention section):
>"... there is no trailing underscore but the appropriate @nn is always added
>at the end of the Link_Name by the compiler. "

Yuck. I can see where they'd want to make it work this way, so that things are
easier on the average Windoze developer. But it really hoses you now when you
need that parameter to do exactly what it was put in the spec for.

OTOH, If you feed "External_Name" the exact same name and convention that the C
header file uses, then you ought to be receiving the same thing that the C
header file receives. I don't understand why that isn't working for you,
assuming you are linking in the same library files.

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.