From: "chris.danx" <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: Status of GCC-GNAT versus GNAT 3.14-3.15
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:25:05 +0100
Date: 2002-09-24T21:25:05+01:00	[thread overview]

appologies, quoting got messed up in copy.  This is correct...

--

On Monday, Sep 23, 2002, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
 > So, what's the status?  What are the plans that the Ada maintainers
 > have?

Part of the reason no more merges have been performed incorporating
changed made by Ada Core is that we have baselined on GCC 3.1 for
a while in order to have a stable back end while working on remaining
regressions using the GCC 3.1 back end compared to GCC 2.8.1.

One lesson learned from the last big merge I did, is that it only makes
sense to prepare such a merge after we have merged in all changes
made in the GCC tree. Last week Joseph assigned the GNATS PR about
dropped patches to me, and I will look at that PR and see what remains
to be fixed.

 > I'd like to encourage the Ada maintainers to set up at least a web
 > page documenting the Ada support in GCC and the plans they have...

The next major development we plan is converting the Ada front end
to function-at-a-time mode. We hope to be able to contribute this
before the end of the year.

   -Geert

--

Again appologies for the misquoting!