From: "McDoobie" <chris@dont.spam.me>
Subject: Learning to Engineer. Where to begin?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 06:47:57 GMT
Date: 2001-07-11T06:47:57+00:00	[thread overview]

Lately I'm really beginning to notice that there is a world of difference
between "programming" and "Software Engineering". Theres alot more
thought, design, and patience involved in the latter. Naturally, it seems to
produce vastly superior software.

The process of Engineering a piece of software is something I'd like to learn
in-depth. The question is, what materials should I invest in which would
give me a good return on that investment?

I've ordered the complete set of "The Art of Programming" books by Donald
Knuth, and the "Dragon" books by Aho. I'm also spending alot of time over
at the SEI site, reading any articles there I can get my hands on.

What else should I check out?  Any suggestions?  Any advice?

Laters.

McDoobie
chris@dont.spam.me