From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: gnooch makefile
Date: 24 Jul 2002 23:51:32 +0100
Date: 2002-07-24T23:51:32+01:00	[thread overview]

Jan Prazak <janp9@gmx.net> writes:

> How to execute the makefile in the gnooch ada components?
> There is no information about it, there is only how to extract the
> archive.

Oh, I can see that would be a problem. I guess what's needed is a
"how to set up your program library" note.

If you just wanted to run the tests (and assuming you are running on
Linux), you can

   $ tar zxvf bc-20020602.tgz
   $ cd bc-20020602/test
   $ make test

to run the tests.

But normally I'd do something like

   $ cd work-directory
   $ gnatmake -I/where/ever/bc-20020602 my-program

I know this creates lots of .o, .ali files in your working directory,
you can get round this using Glide.

What OS/GNAT are you using?