* style enforcer
@ 1999-07-09  0:00 Ian Thomson
From: Ian Thomson @ 1999-07-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm re-writing some of the language-defined system libraries.  GNAT forces style
checks on the re-written libraries.  I'm fed up with getting hundreds of petty
style errors.

There must be a simple tool around to reformat source code to comply with all
the rules in style.adb.  I just can't find it in the Public Ada Library. Any
suggestions? (running under Linux)

cheers

ian
                   Ian Thomson

   it103@york.ac.uk -- www-users.york.ac.uk/~it103/
_____you don't need eyes to see - you need vision_____

* Re: style enforcer
@ 1999-07-10  0:00 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 1999-07-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ian Thomson <it103@york.ac.uk> writes:

> There must be a simple tool around to reformat source code to comply
> with all the rules in style.adb.  I just can't find it in the Public
> Ada Library. Any suggestions? (running under Linux)

Perhaps the emacs ada-mode (http://ada.eu.org/ada-mode/) will help? I
doubt it will be perfect, though ..

* Re: style enforcer
@ 1999-07-10  0:00 ` Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 1999-07-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ian Thomson <it103@york.ac.uk> writes:
> I'm re-writing some of the language-defined system libraries.  GNAT
> forces style checks on the re-written libraries.  I'm fed up with
> getting hundreds of petty style errors.

You have the GNAT sources; you can always disable the style checks.
Of course, this doesn't do much good if you want to distribute your
re-written libraries to other GNAT users.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>