* Gnat: silly warning - how to eliminate?
@ 2003-01-27  0:32 Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2003-01-27  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I declare a procedure in a _package body_ only for internal use:

procedure Get_Element renames Element;
-- to eliminate glitch with formal parameter names

Gnat 3.14p gives warning:
warning: not dispatching (must be defined in a package spec)

How to eliminate this silly warning (to not pollute the compiler
output) without turning off all warnings? (Yes, I readied RTFM.)

Maybe to chnge the source? How?

* Re: Gnat: silly warning - how to eliminate?
@ 2003-01-29  6:31 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2003-01-29  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

porton@ex-code.com (Victor Porton) writes:

> I declare a procedure in a _package body_ only for internal use:
>
> procedure Get_Element renames Element;
> -- to eliminate glitch with formal parameter names
>
> Gnat 3.14p gives warning:
> warning: not dispatching (must be defined in a package spec)
>
> How to eliminate this silly warning (to not pollute the compiler
> output) without turning off all warnings? (Yes, I readied RTFM.)

pragma Warnings (Off, Get_Element); ???

And it wouldn't be silly if you had been expecting it to dispatch,
would it?