From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Booch: missing r/w access through iterators
Date: 07 Nov 2002 21:04:09 +0000
Date: 2002-11-07T21:04:09+00:00	[thread overview]

porton@ex-code.com (Victor Porton) writes:

> I noticed Access_Current_Item, but with it to gain such access one
> needs to create a new procedure! Too bad. I want direct access like:
>
> function Current_Item_Access(It: Iterator'Class) return Item_Access;

I can see why you might want it, and at the moment I can't remember
why it's not there. Perhaps something to do with the problem of
creating the access value? (it would force the item in the Container
to be aliased, thus constraining it .. I know this actually happens in
the BCs but I was very unhappy with the necessary kluge).