From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: urgent glide question
Date: 10 Jul 2002 19:58:23 +0100
Date: 2002-07-10T19:58:23+01:00	[thread overview]

Jan Prazak <janp9@gmx.net> writes:

> When I execute it in emacs, it is shown in a separate window (below the
> source code) (that's ok), but when I enter something and press enter,
> nothing happens, the cursor just goes to next line. I have then to kill
> the running program to stop it (because ctrl+c doesn't work). What's
> that??? How to solve it?

I think you have to C-c C-c (ie, ctrl-c _twice_).

>                          Is there a possibility to run all compiled
> programs in a terminal (KDE shell)? (There it works.)

(The version of glide I'm using may not be the same as yours, so there
may be some differences).

If you edit the Project file (Ada/Project/Edit) and select the Ada
Menu tab, there should be a section like

  Running the application (menu Ada->Run):	      [Help]  (run_cmd)
  [INS][DEL] cd ${build_dir}
  [INS][DEL] ${main}
  [INS]

If you change the ${main} line to     xterm -e ${main}

(or whatever your favourite terminal program is, with the flag to name
the program to run in it) and save the project file, you should find
Ada/Run (C-c r) runs in a separate terminal window .. well, it might
work!