From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Why does this happen?
Date: 16 Oct 2002 06:36:33 +0100
Date: 2002-10-16T06:36:33+01:00	[thread overview]

svesse <svesse@linux.nu> writes:

> Can someone explain why this would be illegal ?

I suspect it isn't illegal, rather looks like a compiler bug; 3.15a1
gives similar results to yours (only 4 lines of complaint!) whereas
GCC-3.2 (and 3.1, 3.3) give bombs:

   smaug[21]$ gnatgcc -c test.adb
   +===========================GNAT BUG DETECTED==============================+
   | 3.2 20020814 (release) (i686-pc-linux-gnu) GCC error:                    |
   | Internal compiler error in make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:835                |
   | Error detected at test.adb:14:13                                         |
   | Please submit a bug report, see http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html.            |
   | Include the entire contents of this bug box in the report.               |
   | Include the exact gcc or gnatmake command that you entered.              |
   | Also include sources listed below in gnatchop format                     |
   | (concatenated together with no headers between files).                   |

   Please include these source files with error report

   test.adb
   test.ads

   compilation abandoned

I think this is worth a PR, shall I do it?