From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Porting Ada to C (Stealth development)
Date: 19 Jan 2002 07:32:56 +0000
Date: 2002-01-19T07:33:00+00:00	[thread overview]

tmoran@acm.org writes:

> > > Why implement it twice? This increases the chance for errors and is more work.
> > Actually the Ada code I wrote probably wasn't compilable anyway
> > (more like pseudo code),
>   I've written and debugged in Ada, then transliterated to a C
> deliverable.  It was faster than trying to get it running in C in the
> first place.  Once it was translated, of course, any further changes
> were strictly in the C version.

Ada to assembler, in my case, in about 1984. The Ada was the
documentation, so of course it had to change (don't know what the
maintainers are doing now, don't think it's been touched for years ..)

I don't remember how many defects there were in the assembler
as-coded, but there was only one in the assembler as-delivered. I was
very proud of that.