* Compiling only specification with gcc (GNAT)
@ 2002-06-24 19:17 David Rasmussen
From: David Rasmussen @ 2002-06-24 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to "compile" an .ads file only with gcc 3.1 ? I want an
error if it isn't valid, and ok if it's ok.

/David

* Re: Compiling only specification with gcc (GNAT)
@ 2002-06-24 21:39 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-06-24 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Rasmussen <pinkfloydhomer@yahoo.com> writes:

> Is there a way to "compile" an .ads file only with gcc 3.1 ? I want an
> error if it isn't valid, and ok if it's ok.

gcc foo.ads

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Compiling only specification with gcc (GNAT)
@ 2002-06-25 18:59   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2002-06-25 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

> David Rasmussen <pinkfloydhomer@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Is there a way to "compile" an .ads file only with gcc 3.1 ? I want an
> > error if it isn't valid, and ok if it's ok.
>
> gcc foo.ads

   gcc -c foo.ads                     will fail if there should be a body
   gcc -c -gnats foo.ads              for just a syntax check

or even

   gnatmake -c foo.ads
   gnatmake -c -gnats foo.ads