From: Simon Wright <simon@pogner.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Creation of storage pools
Date: 1999/06/05
Date: 1999-06-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Graeme Perkes <graeme.perkes@sydney.gecm.com> writes:

> I defined an unconstrained array of POOL_PTRs:
>
>    type POOL_LIST is array ( INTEGER range <> ) of POOL_PTR;
>
> I defined a pointer to this type to allow it to be easily
> passed to subprograms:
>
>    type POOL_CFG_PTR is access all POOL_LIST;
>
> Another package is initialised with a pools list:
>
>    -- STORAGE_POOLS_LIST is populated by an initialisation procedure:
>
>    MY_POOL : POOL_LIST.POOL_PTR := STORAGE_POOLS_LIST(I);
               ^^^^^^^^^

(GNAT 3.11p)

When I compile an (edited) version with this error, I get

  use_pools.adb:5:47: incorrect reference to a Storage Pool
  pools.ads:37:14: invalid prefix in selected component "Pool_List"

Removing the error doesn't help.

Writing this works:

  with Pools;

  procedure Use_Pools is
    P : Pools.User_Pool renames Pools.My_Pool.all;
    type Int_Acc is access Integer;
    for Int_Acc'Storage_Pool use P;
  begin
    null;
  end Use_Pools;

Looks like time to submit a report (Graeme, I guess you _are_
supported? since you're using 3.11b2?)