From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Only one compilation unit.
Date: 17 Jul 2001 19:49:13 +0100
Date: 2001-07-17T18:49:16+00:00	[thread overview]

dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar) writes:

> Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org> wrote in message news:<x7vu20gzlxq.fsf@smaug.pushface.org>...
> > We had fun when the source was called Foo.ads, under NT one of the
> > split files ended up also called Foo.ads -- which overwrote our
> > original.
>
> gnatchop will never overwrite a file unless you spefically ask it to
> using the overwrite switch, in which case you can hardly complain :-)

I think you may have a point there. Even so, it seems unexpected for
it to overwrite the input file .. and copying the casing of the
existing file name, rather than lower case, didn't help.

> > Also, GNAT does *not* like files with upper-case letters in
> > the name at all!
>
> There are no such restrictions in GNAT. Check the section in the users
> guide on file naming, if you are having trouble, you are not following
> the rules in this section!

Well, I guess I was considering the whole galaxy of GNAT utilities --
whatever it is you run when you type C-c C-d (ada-goto-declaration)
certainly got confused for us, and the confusion went away when we
made the file names all lower-case.