* Building GNAT from CVS
@ 2002-05-04  7:58 Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2002-05-04  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Looking for an initial clue here .. a pointer to an existing site
would be good! or a pointer to the place where this sort of discussion
happens.

I've downloaded the 3.1 branch (co -r gcc-3_1-branch gcc) and (I think
I've) obeyed the instructions. I've configured with

  ADAC=gnatgcc ../gcc/configure \
    --enable-languages=c,ada --prefix=/opt/gcc-3.1
  make bootstrap

and get

  make[3]: Entering directory `/home/simon/gcc-build/gcc/ada'
  gnatgcc -c -g  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long    -W -Wall -gnatpg -gnata -I- -I. -I../../../gcc/gcc/ada ../../../gcc/gcc/ada/ada.ads
  gnat1: Invalid option `-Wno-long-long'
  fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
  missing line for parameter: Backend_Divide_Checks
  fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
  missing line for parameter: Backend_Overflow_Checks
  fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
  missing line for parameter: Fractional_Fixed_Ops
  compilation abandoned

(the compiler is 3.14p, similar with 3.15a).

I guess what's happened is that the new system.ads needs (temporarily)
to have these settings in so the existing GNAT can work?

* Re: Building GNAT from CVS
@ 2002-05-05  0:40 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-05-05  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org> wrote in message news:<x7v4rhopco9.fsf@pushface.org>...

> I've downloaded the 3.1 branch (co -r gcc-3_1-branch gcc)

<details of problems removed>

I would suggest that you may have more luck posting to the
gcc mailing list. That's where you will find people  who may be able
to suggest a solution. Most of the people who might be able to help do
not read CLA!

* Re: Building GNAT from CVS
@ 2002-05-05  6:17   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2002-05-05  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar) writes:

> I would suggest that you may have more luck posting to the
> gcc mailing list. That's where you will find people  who may be able
> to suggest a solution. Most of the people who might be able to help do
> not read CLA!

Thanks, that was the pointer I needed, done. I see that at least one
of the problems is already known (though not fixed).