From: Simon Wright <simon.j.wright@amsjv.com>
Subject: Re: parameters evaluation
Date: 27 Sep 2002 15:16:13 +0100
Date: 2002-09-27T15:16:13+01:00	[thread overview]

Sami Evangelista <sami.evangelista@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> i have noticed a strange thing about expressions evaluations during a
> procedure or function call. it appears that the parameters are evaluated
> in the "wrong" order. Try this
[...]
> the output should "logically" be
>
> but it is

I think you are wrong to say that your compiler is acting "wrong" or
not "logically".

See ARM 6.4(10) at http://www.adaic.org/standards/95lrm/html/RM-6-4.html -

   For the execution of a subprogram call, the name or prefix of the
   call is evaluated, and each parameter_association is evaluated (see
   6.4.1). If a default_expression is used, an implicit
   parameter_association is assumed for this rule. These evaluations
   are done in an arbitrary order.