From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Problem with tasking when root
Date: 06 Aug 2004 05:54:15 +0100
Date: 2004-08-06T05:54:15+01:00	[thread overview]

"Jean-Pierre Rosen" <rosen@adalog.fr> writes:

> Context: Gnat 3.15p+Glade, Linux 2.4.21, Mandrake.
>
> I have a distributed application that works OK under Windows, and
> under Linux as a normal user.  When run as root, it deadlocks at
> task creation, i.e. I never return from a "new T", where T is a task
> type.  According to strace, it blocks within the runtime (getting
> into sigsuspend).

One of the conditions for a (Linux, Solaris) Ada program to actually
respect priority assignments is that it is running as root. There may
be other conditions too, I believe that this area has changed quite a
lot.

Are you perhaps having a deadlock?

--
Simon Wright                               100% Ada, no bugs.