From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Grace 0.51 released
Date: 29 Oct 2003 21:16:42 +0000
Date: 2003-10-29T21:16:42+00:00	[thread overview]

Nick Roberts <nick.roberts@acm.org> writes:

> The reason why I've not given up on Tenet yet is that, to my
> knowledge, no-one else is going to produce implementations of a list
> and a map that support clustering (dynamic storage in a linked list
> or tree of smallish arrays of the element type). If someone is able
> to correct me about this, I'd be very grateful. (For a start, I am
> not very familiar with the Booch collection.) Clustering affects the
> specification in a small but significant way: you need to be able to
> specify the clustering factor (the number of elements per array). As
> far as I'm concerned, clustering is going to be vital to the
> efficiency of my future projects.

I would be fairly amazed if anyone produced such an implementation in
a general library without needing it themselves (certainly I won't for
the BCs, partly at least because I feel I don't understand the concept
totally!)

I guess what you have in mind is some performance requirement; state
that, maybe Charles or the BCs or whatever will do what you want,
maybe not ..

--
Simon Wright                               100% Ada, no bugs.