From: Simon Wright <simon@pogner.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: x11/Motif bindings wanted
Date: 1999/08/13
Date: 1999-08-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen) writes:

> In article <7otacp$7iq$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, sejo1560@my-deja.com writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am involved in a project that is required to port Ada code from Unix
> > to NT.
> >
> > We are trying to find X11/Motif bindings that we could use on NT.
> > We are using Nutcracker to provide the X server and X11/Motif libraries.
>
> Some years ago DEC released an Ada Motif bindings generator that at
> least made it as far as the Walnut Creek CD-ROMs.  Someone outside
> DEC found corrections were necessary on big-endian machines.

We are presently using these bindings, adjusted (as Larry says) for
big-endian machines.

We're using GNAT mainly, though old SunAda and DEC OSF Ada are
nominally supported.

If you're interested, I can check with my masters whether we can
release the work back to the public (the DEC team concerned no longer
exists, AFAIK).

The DEC original is on the PAL at ase01_01/cardcat/MOTIFDEC.htm
(try ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/ase/ as a start)

--
Simon Wright                        Work Email: simon.j.wright@gecm.com
Alenia Marconi Systems                         Voice: +44(0)1705-701778