* help! gvd symbol table
@ 2002-04-28  2:38 Jared
From: Jared @ 2002-04-28  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello all, I am a newbie to Ada and also to using gnat and its debugger gvd.
my problem is that when I try to use the debugger and add breakpoints, the
commandline tells me "No symbol table is loaded."  so where do I get this
symbol table from??? none of the compiler switches in the manual seem to
offer it, but maybe i am reading wrong. Please help folks, thanks.
Jared

* Re: help! gvd symbol table
@ 2002-04-28  7:49 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 2002-04-28  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

You have to compile with the -g (debug) option to get
symbols in your executable.