From: "Wa Benzi" <amandla@union.org.za>
Subject: 'Gard' - Genuine Ada Relational Database, semi-proposal
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:03:52 +0200
Date: 2006-03-08T14:03:52+02:00	[thread overview]

SQL is a popular dead-end. People chose databases for reliability, ultimately. The following URL
leads you to a discussion about what is required for a genuinely relational database:
http://dbappbuilder.sourceforge.net/Rel.html#Architecture

Why not translate this genuine relational database into Ada and throw out SQL?

The basic structure of a parser exists in Java. It shouldn't be that difficult to design and
impelment at least an equivalent to the teaching model discussed at the above URL. Beyond that, Ada
ought to give the opportunity to engineer it to a rock-solid high performance engine.

It could be packaged with AdaOS (at an early stage of development, I know, but still).

The advantages seem to me to be considerable.

---
Sent from UnionMail Service  [http://mail.union.org.za]