From: Robert A Duff <bobduff@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Storage Pool
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:57:20 GMT
Date: 2001-06-14T14:57:20+00:00	[thread overview]

ANH_VO@udlp.com writes:

> Could you elaborate more on your NO answer? I do not have enough evidence to say
> either way. However, based on test results from GNAT 3.13p, the answer is yes. I
> need to conduct further test using APEX and ObjectAda. If it works as GNAT, I
> will post the codes.

I don't think the RM guarantees that Size_In_Storage_Element mod
Alignment = 0, but you may be right that it's always true in practise.

In any case, I think there's nothing wrong with writing a storage pool
that *requires* this property (or any other property), and tell users
of the pool that they must obey.

- Bob