From: Robert A Duff <bobduff@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: using 'address to make indrect calls
Date: 1999/07/02
Date: 1999-07-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dale@cs.rmit.edu.au (Dale Stanbrough) writes:

> Robert A Duff wrote:
>
> " An up-level reference is when a procedure refers to an object declared
>   outside of that procedure."
>

> Is that the case even for package based variables/static in C?

Well, I'm not sure if that should be called an uplevel ref or not.
Probably not.  It's certainly not usually implemented the same way.
OTOH, you can view this as just an optimization of the bottom-most
stack frame of the environment task.

- Bob
--
Change robert to bob to get my real email address.  Sorry.