From: Robert A Duff <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Subject: Re: Please help (quite urgent)- newbie
Date: 14 Apr 2005 17:26:20 -0400
Date: 2005-04-14T17:26:20-04:00	[thread overview]

"conchale@mac.com" <conchale@mac.com> writes:

> Hi all, I finished my homework, it was to convert one whole code in
> three pieces, with package , body and the "test" executable code.
> The big whole code (the original one) works flawlesly.
> My .ads and .adb are correct but the test.adb has almost exactly the
> same as the original code but when compiling I have this error:
> "invalid parameter list in call (use -gnatf for details)"
> the line(s) refering to it has:
> procedure test1 is
>
> MM: month;
> YY: year;
> begin
> Put("give a month in number: ");
> get(MM); --this is line the error is refering to
> new_line;

I can't tell what the error is, because you didn't post the whole
example.  There are probably many procedures called "Get", and the
compiler couldn't find the "right" one, unambiguously.  Is there a Get
that takes Month as parameter?  The advice in the error message (use
-gnatf for details) is good.  Do that.  It will print out a whole lot of
details, which might help you figure out what's wrong.  If you still
can't figure it out, try posting the whole example, and maybe somebody
will help.

- Bob