* GNAT Programming System availability ?
@ 2002-11-19 12:01 Simon Clubley
From: Simon Clubley @ 2002-11-19 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any updated information available about when the GNAT Programming
System will be available for public download ?

Thanks for any information,

Simon.

"This is VMS. Viruses are irrelevant."

* Re: GNAT Programming System availability ?
@ 2002-11-19 13:12 ` Arnaud Charlet
From: Arnaud Charlet @ 2002-11-19 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there any updated information available about when the GNAT Programming
> System will be available for public download ?

We do not have any scheduled date for a public release of GPS at this
stage, although the release of GNAT 3.15p is a good step forward, since
GPS requires some features only available in GNAT 3.15 and beyond.

If you want to receive more information about GPS, please contact
sales@act-europe.fr

Arno

* Re: GNAT Programming System availability ?
@ 2002-11-20  3:21 ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2002-11-20  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0211191409450.3870-100000@aix>,
	Arnaud Charlet <charlet@gnat.com> writes:

> If you want to receive more information about GPS, please contact
> sales@act-europe.fr

Somebody in this newsgroup has said that GNAT developers do not
read c.l.a . You, Arno, is an example of opposite.

So whether we should duplicate our bug reports in email or just
in newsgroup is enough?

P.S. I recently found a bug in gnatstub 3.14p.

* Re: GNAT Programming System availability ?
@ 2002-11-20 10:21   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2002-11-20 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Porton wrote:

> Somebody in this newsgroup has said that GNAT developers do not
> read c.l.a . You, Arno, is an example of opposite.
>
> So whether we should duplicate our bug reports in email or just
> in newsgroup is enough?

No, you should file bug reports to ACT. One cannot expect them to follow
the thread here and pick out real compiler bugs from all the bugs that
turn out to be only a bug in the source code and not in the compiler.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------------ http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                               �1984 is coming to a computer near you.�

* Re: GNAT Programming System availability ?
@ 2002-11-20 10:23   ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-11-20 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor Porton wrote:

> In article ,
> 	Arnaud Charlet  writes:
>
> >If you want to receive more information about GPS, please contact
> >sales@act-europe.fr
>

> Somebody in this newsgroup has said that GNAT developers do not
> read c.l.a . You, Arno, is an example of opposite.

Wasn't it that Robert Dewar lacked time and was a bit frustrated by the
amount of misinformation floating around here *and* Gnat developers do
not always pay attention to bug reports (and feature requests) here?

> So whether we should duplicate our bug reports in email or just
> in newsgroup is enough?

> P.S. I recently found a bug in gnatstub 3.14p.

You could submit a report to ACT, or you could fix it.

--
for personal replies change spamoff to chris

* Re: GNAT Programming System availability ?
@ 2002-11-20 14:15     ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2002-11-20 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com> writes:

> Wasn't it that Robert Dewar lacked time and was a bit frustrated by the
> amount of misinformation floating around here *and* Gnat developers do
> not always pay attention to bug reports (and feature requests) here?

This is just a discussion group.  If you want to send a bug report, you
have to send it to your vendor, be it SofCheck (my company) or ACT or
anyone else.

- Bob

* Re: GNAT Programming System availability ?
@ 2002-11-23 17:39       ` Richard Riehle
From: Richard Riehle @ 2002-11-23 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert A Duff wrote:

> This is just a discussion group.  If you want to send a bug report, you
> have to send it to your vendor, be it SofCheck (my company) or ACT or
> anyone else.

How can one get more information about SofCheck?   What does
SofCheck do?  Are they in the Ada business?

Richard Riehle

* Re: GNAT Programming System availability ?
@ 2002-11-23 18:02         ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2002-11-23 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com> writes:

> How can one get more information about SofCheck?   What does
> SofCheck do?  Are they in the Ada business?

Hi, Richard.

SofCheck, Inc. is a new company owned by Tucker Taft, Mireille Gart,
Sheri Bernstein, and me, all former employees of AverCom (which was
previously AverStar, which was previously Intermetrics).

Yes, we are in the Ada business.  We sell and support the AdaMagic
compiler technology, formerly owned by AverCom.  This includes an
Ada-to-C translator, which can be used as an Ada compiler on any target
that has a C compiler.  AdaMagic also supports compilers targeted
directly to machine code for various machines.

SofCheck is also in the business of static analysis tools for various
languages, including Ada.

For more information, contact Tucker Taft, President of SofCheck
(stt@sofcheck.com).

- Bob

* Re: GNAT bug reports (Was: GNAT Programming System availability ?)
@ 2002-11-25  9:40   ` Arnaud Charlet
From: Arnaud Charlet @ 2002-11-25  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Somebody in this newsgroup has said that GNAT developers do not
> read c.l.a . You, Arno, is an example of opposite.

I unfortunately do not have the time nor the energy to follow all threads
and discussions on this newsgroup (but then, who does ?), in particular
since so many reports are done as a "by the way" note under some obscure
thread. The particular message I am responding to is a very good example
of deviating from the original subject (GPS availability).

> So whether we should duplicate our bug reports in email or just
> in newsgroup is enough?

There is no relationship between some ACT people reading c.l.a, and having
reports on c.l.a be magically forwarded to report@gnat. I am no better
at forwarding messages (when I happen to see them) from c.l.a to report@
than you are.

So just in case I wasn't clear in my message above, here it is again:

c.l.a and report@gnat are two separate media, and no bug reports are
taken from c.l.a

Of course Robert has made this pretty clear many times in the past, so
this will be my first and last message clarifying this issue in this
newsgroup.

Arno