* status
@ 2003-06-03  6:19 And838N
From: And838N @ 2003-06-03  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Whoa, that case sensitivity thing opened up a can of worms!  Who posted that flamming message anyway?  ha. ha.  Didn't you people read the line in it that said "just a thought".  Even so, as I worked today I realized it didn't matter much because I can type the words in with any case I want.  I could even type it in with all caps and then run it through some sort of pretty printer.  Whalla!  "reading" satisfaction.
Maybe someone here mentioned that and I forgot about it, hmmm...  Again, it was just a thought.

So what is the status of the Ada200x project?  Who is working on it?  Any links and downloads?  Rules for participation?
Any thoughts regarding Ada and ILAssembler (.NET)?  How about DotGnu?  What has been solidified in the new version?
What has been confirmed for removal?  What ideas made it to the "highly considerable" status?

In college I wrote one program in Ada and I used, I think, GIDE or adaGIDE or something like that.  It was a simple GUI for Ada on windows.  I believe it was distributed with GNAT.  Does anyone know what happened to that program?

How's the word wrap?

Andrew

* Re: status
       [not found] <2546CA99.59FD230F.0015D3EC@netscape.net>
@ 2003-06-03 14:26 ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2003-06-03 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: And838N, comp.lang.ada

> Whoa, that case sensitivity thing opened up a can of worms!  Who posted
that flamming message anyway?  ha. ha.  Didn't you people read the line in
it that said "just a thought".  Even so, as I worked today I realized it
didn't matter much because I can type the words in with any case I want.  I
could even type it in with all caps and then run it through some sort of
pretty printer.  Whalla!  "reading" satisfaction.

If you use emacs with ada-mode, you can type in all lower case and have the
desired
capitalization created automagically.  If you want some words in all caps
(e.g., acronyms
like IO and TCP) you just put them in an emacs case exceptions file, and
they just happen.
> Maybe someone here mentioned that and I forgot about it, hmmm...  Again,
it was just a thought.

> So what is the status of the Ada200x project?  Who is working on it?  Any
links and downloads?  Rules for participation?

Others are better qualified than I to answer this.

See  http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/a_sharp.html

> What has been confirmed for removal?  What ideas made it to the "highly
considerable" status?

> In college I wrote one program in Ada and I used, I think, GIDE or adaGIDE
or something like that.  It was a simple GUI for Ada on windows.  I believe
it was distributed with GNAT.  Does anyone know what happened to that
program?

It's still there, but I prefer emacs, so that my "IDE" is uniform between
Windows and UNIX
environments.

> How's the word wrap?
>
> Andrew

today!
> http://channels.netscape.com/ns/computing/mcafee/index.jsp?promo=393397
>
> Get AOL Instant Messenger 5.1 free of charge.  Download Now!
> http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promo=380455

* Re: status
@ 2003-06-03 14:36 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-06-03 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

And838N@netscape.net wrote:

> How's the word wrap?

Not working.

--
Preben Randhol                    http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/

* Re: status
@ 2003-06-03 17:34 ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2003-06-03 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

And838N@netscape.net writes:

> So what is the status of the Ada200x project?  Who is working on it?
> Any links and downloads?  Rules for participation?

Look at:

    www.ada-auth.org

- Bob