* differences between Ada83 and Ada95
@ 2002-11-07 14:54 Gilles Goulas
From: Gilles Goulas @ 2002-11-07 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I'm looking for a complete list of differences between Ada83 and Ada95 (not
only upward compatibility). Is there such a doc or link freely available
somewhere?
Thanks much,
Gilles.

* Re: differences between Ada83 and Ada95
@ 2002-11-07 15:44 ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2002-11-07 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Gilles Goulas" <gilles_goulas@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for a complete list of differences between Ada83 and Ada95
> (not only upward compatibility).

You want the Annotated Ada Reference Manual (AARM).
It's available at:

    http://www.ada-auth.org

Each section contains headings:

    Inconsistencies with Ada 83
        -- cases where a legal Ada 83 program has different run-time
           semantics in Ada 95

    Incompatibilities with Ada 83
        -- cases where a legal Ada 83 program is illegal in Ada 95

    Extensions to Ada 83
        -- cases where a legal Ada 95 program was not legal in Ada 83

When we designed Ada 95, we were pretty careful to document every
change, and categorize them under the above headings.  We missed a few
obscure ones by accident, but they are almost 100% complete.

- Bob