* Re: Annotated Ada Reference Manual?
@ 1999-02-27  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1999-02-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert T. Sagris (robs@physics.BLAH.purdue.BLAH.edu) wrote:
: Does anybody know where I might be able to purchase a print version
: of the AARM. Also, if you happen to know the approximate price that
: would be appreciated.

I don't know of any printed version of the AARM.  I think you need
to just download and print out the postscript version available
on the net in various places.

: Robbi Sagris

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)

* Re: Annotated Ada Reference Manual?
@ 1999-02-27  0:00   ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1999-02-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wasn't Bob Mathis' company selling a print version for a while?  What
about Karl Nyberg?

I did a Tucker suggested, and printed out the postscript version, but it
would be nice to have a professionally bound version.  There's lots of
interesting (and funny) esoterica in there, to which I often refer.

BTW: Is it possible to get a Tex version?  A Texinfo version?  What's
the format of the master?  I'd like to be able to look at it using Info
while using Emacs.  (True for all the manuals.)

@ 1999-02-27  0:00 Robert T. Sagris
From: Robert T. Sagris @ 1999-02-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody know where I might be able to purchase a print version
of the AARM. Also, if you happen to know the approximate price that
would be appreciated.

Robbi Sagris

* Re: Annotated Ada Reference Manual?
@ 1999-03-03  0:00   ` Andrew W. Reynolds
From: Andrew W. Reynolds @ 1999-03-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft) writes:

> Robert T. Sagris (robs@physics.BLAH.purdue.BLAH.edu) wrote:
> : Does anybody know where I might be able to purchase a print version
> : of the AARM. Also, if you happen to know the approximate price that
> : would be appreciated.
>
> I don't know of any printed version of the AARM.  I think you need
> to just download and print out the postscript version available
> on the net in various places.
>
> : Robbi Sagris
>
> --
> -Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
> Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)
> AverStar (formerly Intermetrics, Inc.)   Burlington, MA  USA

Actually I received my copies ($40 each) from:

	ITT Research Institute
	4409 Forbes Blvd
	Lanham, MA 20706
	(301) 918-1500
	adabooks@mtc.iitri.com

I bought the books several years ago. I don't know if it is still
available. Also, there are two books listed under the reference
documents at www.adahome.com.

* Re: Annotated Ada Reference Manual?
@ 1999-03-04  0:00     ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 1999-03-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew Heaney <matthew_heaney@acm.org> writes:

> Wasn't Bob Mathis' company selling a print version for a while?  What
> about Karl Nyberg?

Karl was selling something called Annotated Ada RM for Ada 83.
It was the RM, with the AI's (language rulings from ARG) interspersed.
This is not the same thing as the Ada 95 AARM.

> I did a Tucker suggested, and printed out the postscript version, but it
> would be nice to have a professionally bound version.  There's lots of
> interesting (and funny) esoterica in there, to which I often refer.

For my version, I printed it out on a Postscript printer, and I took it
to a copy store, and had them copy it to double-sided.

> BTW: Is it possible to get a Tex version?  A Texinfo version?

I don't know of any version in TeX or Texinfo.

>...What's
> the format of the master?  I'd like to be able to look at it using Info
> while using Emacs.  (True for all the manuals.)

It was originally written in Scribe.  The postscript and plain-ascii
versions were generated by Scribe.  I believe Magnus Kempe translated
the RM to HTML, but I don't know if he did anything with the AARM.

- Bob
--
Change robert to bob to get my real email address.  Sorry.