From: Robert A Duff <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Subject: Re: IEEE arithmetic
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:59:24 GMT
Date: 2002-09-13T15:59:24+00:00	[thread overview]

Duncan Sands <duncan.sands@math.u-psud.fr> writes:

> Note: the GNU C library has a routine for doing this, but the constants
> you feed it to choose the rounding mode seem to have architecture
> dependent values (macros are used to give these values common names).
> One solution would be to have a way to get hold of the values given by the
> macros inside of the Ada program, but I don't know how to do this.

If you use the version SofCheck's AdaMagic that generates C,
you can call C macros from Ada using pragma Import.
Most compilers don't allow that, however.

Another way to call a macro is to write a C function that calls the
macro.  Then use pragma Import to call the C function from Ada.  That's
kind of annoying if the reason it's a macro is to get inline code.  But
that's probably not your case -- you probably don't want to set the mode
repeatedly in a tight loop.

- Bob