From: Robert A Duff <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Subject: Re: Proposed change to BC iterator parameters [limitedness]
Date: 11 Dec 2003 10:48:30 -0500
Date: 2003-12-11T10:48:30-05:00	[thread overview]

"amado.alves" <amado.alves@netcabo.pt> writes:

> I think there are (container) libraries that accept limited element
> types. And some libs that dont can easily (?) be changed in that
> direction. But as I indicated I think it is 'unatural' to store values
> of a limited type. For me it does not make sense to put constants in a
> container. So my advice can only be: rethink your program.

Heh?  Limited is not the same thing as constant.  It makes perfect sense
to store limited objects in containers.  *Some* containers require
copying to get the data in and out of the container; limited components
do not make sense in *that* case.  But other containers can deal with
limited types just fine.

Why do you think Ada allows arrays of tasks?  An array is a container,
and tasks are about as limited as you can get!

- Bob