From: Robert A Duff <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Subject: Re: Algorithms Homework Help?!?!
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:47:37 -0500
Date: 2013-01-16T14:47:37-05:00	[thread overview]

willmann817 <willmann817@gmail.com> writes:

> Then do my binary search based on this helper function(Posted below).
> --This problem MUST include Binary Search in some way.

That seems like an odd requirement.  Taken literally, it would mean
you could do a binary search on some unrelated data structure,
throw away the result, and then solve the real problem some other
(slower) way.  But that's probably not what your teacher meant.  ;-)

If I were the teacher, I'd say:

    The program must run in O(log N) time, where N is ....
    Note: binary search is an O(log N) algorithm.

- Bob