From: Robert A Duff <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Subject: Re: Design - cyclic dependencies
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:28:50 -0400
Date: 2007-10-26T10:28:50-04:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com> writes:

> Being legal does not imply being good and therefore I ask: do you
> consider this kind of design-level cyclic dependency to be acceptable?

There are certainly cases where such cycles are the best design.
But don't do it unless you have to, because cycles make the
packages involves more tightly coupled.  And try to keep the
cycles short.

There are even cases where spec-to-spec cycles are best,
which is why the "limited with" feature was added to Ada.

- Bob