From: Robert A Duff <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Subject: Re: Error message: expect valid subtype mark to instantiate ....
Date: 24 Dec 2003 12:04:46 -0500
Date: 2003-12-24T12:04:46-05:00	[thread overview]

gilmour@banda.lv (gilmour) writes:

> Compiling 'Client_Account_List.ads' following message appears:
> client_account_list.ads:4:47: expect valid subtype mark to instantiate "T"
> Somebody please advise, what is wrong ???

You gave it the name of a package (Class_Client_Account).
It wants the name of a type (to match the generic formal
parameter T).

By the way, I suggest you format your code properly, so it will be
easier to read.  For example:

    generic
       type T is private; --Any type

    package Class_List is
       type List is new Controlled with private;

"generic" and "package" should be lined up, since they're part of the
same piece of syntax.  That way, you can see that T is a generic formal
parameter of Class_List, and List is inside Class_List, and so forth.

- Bob