From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: How can I loose the cmd window from my GtkAda app?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:24:52 +0200
Date: 2009-05-12T11:24:52+02:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 12 May 2009 10:13:04 +0200, Jean-Pierre Rosen wrote:

> Dmitry A. Kazakov a �crit :
>> Yes, however I would prefer to have it enforced by gtkada.gpr, rather than
>> contaminating the application's gpr which with-es gtkada.gpr. Unfortunately
>> I know no way to do this in a library project.
>>
> I don't think it would be a good idea, because sometimes you do want
> that window (to get simple traces with Text_IO for example). And (AFAIK)
> there is no option to cancel a -mwindows option.

Using standard output is kind of "erroneous" in gtkada applications. Under
Windows it will most likely crash the application (due to Use_Error, I
guess).

For tracing I am using a GTK window, which is much simpler than text
tracing. It also allows to stop the application at the tracing point, catch
GTK/Glib errors with stack backtracing etc.

BTW, when running under GPS, output to the standard output works even with
-mwindows.

But the point was that -mwindows is just one example of what a library
project could like to pass to the clients.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov