* GWindows-1.2
@ 2005-08-10  0:35 Randy
From: Randy @ 2005-08-10  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am new to ADA.  I have a few books to try and learn from so I'm on my
own.  Nobody and nothing around where I live have anything to do with ADA.

I followed a link someone had here and found an ADA ide/rad at sourceforge.

I was trying to install this for ADA but I am having some problems.

C:\gwindows>install gnatcom
Installing GWindows.....
make -C bindings
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/gwindows/bindings'
bindcom ..\\redist\\tom.tlb TOM
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), bindcom ..\redist\tom.tlb TOM, ...)
failed.

make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make[1]: *** [tom.ads] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/gwindows/bindings'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Install Completed

I am not sure what is going on.  Could someone help or point me in the
right direction?

Thanks!!
Randy

* Re: GWindows-1.2
@ 2005-08-10  5:13 ` Randy
From: Randy @ 2005-08-10  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I found the problem, it needed a path.  Thanks anyway.

* Re: GWindows-1.2
@ 2005-08-10 15:48 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2005-08-10 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy wrote:
> I am new to ADA.  I have a few books to try and learn from so I'm on my
> own.  Nobody and nothing around where I live have anything to do with ADA.

One of the 1st things you need to learn is that Ada is a woman's name,
so it is spelled "Ada". It's not an acronym, and we're not talking about
the American Dental Association or the Americans with Disabilities Act.

--
Jeffrey Carter
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."

* Re: GWindows-1.2
@ 2005-08-11  5:23   ` Randy
From: Randy @ 2005-08-11  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeffrey Carter wrote:
> Randy wrote:
>
>> I am new to ADA.  I have a few books to try and learn from so I'm on
>> my own.  Nobody and nothing around where I live have anything to do
>> with ADA.
>

> One of the 1st things you need to learn is that Ada is a woman's name,
> so it is spelled "Ada". It's not an acronym, and we're not talking about
> the American Dental Association or the Americans with Disabilities Act.

ummm ok I'll use Ada instead of ADA or ada.
One would assume that being in an Ada newsgroup I could take for granted
that you would know I mean the programing language and not the dental or
disabilities.
But your are right one never knows, so thanks!!
Randy

* Re: GWindows-1.2
@ 2005-08-12  1:34     ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2005-08-12  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy wrote:

> ummm ok I'll use Ada instead of ADA or ada.
> One would assume that being in an Ada newsgroup I could take for granted
> that you would know I mean the programing language and not the dental or
> disabilities.
> But your are right one never knows, so thanks!!

Sure, but once you learn how great Ada is and start telling others, we
want to make sure you spell it correctly.

--
Jeff Carter
"That was the most fun I've ever had without laughing."