* Ada for PalmOS?
@ 2002-04-26 23:36 Brett Allen
From: Brett Allen @ 2002-04-26 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a program written in Ada that I would like to port to palmOS.  Are
there any compilers available for this?  I don't think there are, so does
anyone have suggestions how I might get this into a compiler for C/C++?
I've never considered this kind of situation, so I'm not really sure where
to go with it.  If anyone has suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

* Re: Ada for PalmOS?
@ 2002-04-27 14:16 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2002-04-27 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brett Allen wrote:

> I have a program written in Ada that I would like to port to palmOS.  Are
> there any compilers available for this?  I don't think there are, so does
> anyone have suggestions how I might get this into a compiler for C/C++?
> I've never considered this kind of situation, so I'm not really sure where
> to go with it.  If anyone has suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

GCC 3 can as far as I know be used as a cross-compiler
targeting PalmOS, so it is "just" a matter of including the
Ada front-end, when you compile GCC 3 in this configuration.
I think you will have to manage without the GNAT run-time
(no tasking) and use the PalmOS libraries for I/O.

Jacob
--
Warning: Dates in calendars are closer than they appear.