* Gtk Toolbars
@ 2009-10-05  1:26 RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com
From: RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com @ 2009-10-05  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

this is probably not specific to GtkAda:

I want to prevent the toolbar from resizing when the container is
resized. all the examples i have looked does not seem to answer this
question. there is a way to specify the min size but not a max size.
Any ideas?

thanks, srini

* Re: Gtk Toolbars
@ 2009-10-05  7:36 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2009-10-05  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 18:26:43 -0700 (PDT), RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com wrote:

> this is probably not specific to GtkAda:

Yes, it is Gtk.

> I want to prevent the toolbar from resizing when the container is
> resized. all the examples i have looked does not seem to answer this
> question. there is a way to specify the min size but not a max size.
> Any ideas?

That depends on the container. They usually have parameters like Fill and
Expand. Both should be False. Sometimes it is a combination of flags where
the value Shrink should be given, etc. In some cases it is the container
itself, which has to be not resized. For example, VBox resizes all elements
horizontal sizes when itself gets resized. There is no way to prohibit this
otherwise than by not resizing the VBox itself, even so the horizontal size
is the maximum of all its elements.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov