* Another proposal for arrays (and other types)
@ 2003-10-02 14:23 Wes Groleau
From: Wes Groleau @ 2003-10-02 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think this has already been proposed by someone else:

Generalize the declaration of default values on types.

   type Ant is range Min .. Max := (Min + Max ) / 2;

   type Primary is (Blue, Yellow, Red) := Blue;

   type List is array (Some_Discrete)
             of Thing := <any legal aggregate or entity>;

--
Wes Groleau
-----------

* Re: Another proposal for arrays (and other types)
@ 2003-10-02 22:17 ` Stephane Richard
From: Stephane Richard @ 2003-10-02 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Wes Groleau" <groleau@freeshell.org> wrote in message
> I think this has already been proposed by someone else:
>
> Generalize the declaration of default values on types.
>
>    type Ant is range Min .. Max := (Min + Max ) / 2;
>
>    type Primary is (Blue, Yellow, Red) := Blue;
>
>    type List is array (Some_Discrete)
>              of Thing := <any legal aggregate or entity>;
>
> --
> Wes Groleau
> -----------
> I've been framed! ...
> http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9612.html

Yeah I believe I did see something like that before on this group :-)....and
I agree with it, I like this sytnax.

--
St�phane Richard
"Ada World" Webmaster

* Re: Another proposal for arrays (and other types)
@ 2003-10-03 21:04 ` chris
From: chris @ 2003-10-03 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wes Groleau wrote:
> I think this has already been proposed by someone else:
>
> Generalize the declaration of default values on types.
>
>   type Ant is range Min .. Max := (Min + Max ) / 2;
>
>   type Primary is (Blue, Yellow, Red) := Blue;
>
>   type List is array (Some_Discrete)
>             of Thing := <any legal aggregate or entity>;

I like it.  It'd give people a chance to control the defaults for a
given type, and that'd be a good thing!