From: Lars Troppen <lars.g.troppen@net1b.kongsberg.com>
Subject: Re: Strange error in ADA program
Date: 05 Dec 2001 08:25:14 +0100
Date: 2001-12-05T08:25:14+01:00	[thread overview]

"Stian Kaasa" <stian.kaasa@caa.no> writes:

> I have an ADA program with a strange problem.
> The program builds fine ( Solaris 2.5.1, VADS ADA 6.2.3 ), but during
> execution it stops with the following error:
>
> Error in kernel:: exception_handler: unexpectet SIGILL code 0
>
> I expected control to be sent to my Exception handler, but this is not
> happending.
>
> Anyone who has experienced this error-message ?

Yes I have seen this error message from time to time when the Ada program
causes a signal (sigill,sigbus) and so on. I have no experience with
VADS ADA 6.2.3 , but we have been using SunAda 2.1.1 which is a VADS 6.2
something sold by Sun. I found that this error only exist when you run
on an UltraSparc platform, running the same program on older sparcs (5/10/20)
gives your exception handler the control.

However running the program in the debugger normally gives you a clue about
what is causing the error.

Lars Troppen, Dept DC4S, Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace
PO 1003, N3601 Kongsberg, Norway
Tel: (+47) 32288722 Mail: lars.g.troppen@kongsberg.com