From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: No_Abort_Statements
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:55:17 -0500
Date: 2003-07-31T15:55:17-05:00	[thread overview]

"Stephan Heinemann" <zombie@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote in message
news:bgbrbg$3ds$1@news.cs.tu-berlin.de...
> D.7.5 says
>
> No_Abort_Statements
> There are no abort_statements, and there are no calls on
> Task_Identification.Abort_Task.
>
> My compiler (gnat) detects only the violation caused by "abort T;". But I
get
> away with "Abort_Task(T'Identity);" or using ATC via select (see below).
> Now, I am not quite sure what this restriction really covers... Abort_Task
> should obviously be detected but what about ATC?

The restriction covers what it says; there isn't anything implied. An ATC
contains neither an abort_statement (check the grammar) nor a call to
Abort_Task.

It seems like there should be a way to eliminate ATC as well. Ravenscar uses
No_Select_Statements (which will be in Ada 0Y), but that is too broad a
brush if you just want to get rid of aborts.

You probably should send a bug report to ACT (about the missing Abort_Task)
and a comment to Ada-Comment (about ATC).

                         Randy.