* What is the status of AppletMagic?
@ 2003-07-15 16:56 Andrew Lynch
From: Andrew Lynch @ 2003-07-15 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ada Deutschland are planning to release a new version of the
Ada-Tour CD-ROM:

<http://www.ada-deutschland.de/AdaTourCD/tourcd.html>

The blurb is almost exactly the same as that found on the 1997
Ada-Tour, minus Windows 3.1 / plus Windows 2000 - and the version
of ObjectAda has been bumped from 7.1 to 7.2.

The passage about including a free version of the "Ada-to-Java
compiler AppletMagic" has got me wondering...

Is AppletMagic still being developed? Most of what Google came
up with lies in the 1996/1997 timeframe, Searching for
Intermetrics got me (via Averstar) to Titan, but no sign of any
Ada-Java tools.

JGNAT is dead, apparently due to lack of demand - so why would
AppletMagic be doing any better?

Do Aonix really have an AppletMagic that will work with a
current JDK, or will it be the same product that was on the CD
in 1997?

Andrew.

* Re: What is the status of AppletMagic?
@ 2003-07-15 17:27 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2003-07-15 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

		http://www.sofcheck.com/

@ 2003-07-15 17:44 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2003-07-15 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

The AdaMagic compilers are now being developed by SofCheck, Tucker Taft's
company. You probably should contact them:
    www.sofcheck.com

                   Randy.

From: Randy Brukardt @ 2003-07-15 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)