From: "Dr. Adrian Wrigley" <amtw@linuxchip.demon.co.uk.uk.uk.uk>
Subject: Annex E and Ada.Strings.Bounded
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:06:50 +0100
Date: 2003-08-23T01:06:50+01:00	[thread overview]

Hi all!

A sudden change of requirements (!) means I have to convert some existing
code to using a client/server model.

I am attempting to use Annex E/GNAT 3.15/GLADE/Linux, but have hit a
problem converting the code.

The major procedural interface needs "pragma Remote_Call_Interface", but
the subprograms declarations use types from Ada.Strings.Bounded

The compilation fails with the following message:

sdk.ads:2:06: current unit cannot depend on "Bounded" (wrong
categorization)

Question:

Is it possible to use Ada.Strings.Bounded in a RCI?  How? It seems a
nuisance to write a package that can be used instead - is the basic
problem that generic instances are forbidden? (why?)  I assume that
Reference Manual E2.3.12 applies (?)

Thanks for any help on this!
--
Dr Adrian Wrigley, Cambridge, England.