From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: What Can We do About AdaHome.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:22:13 -0500
Date: 2003-06-16T17:22:13-05:00	[thread overview]

Preben Randhol wrote in message ...
>Richard Riehle wrote:
>> One of my students used AdaHome.com as a bibliographic
>> reference in a recent paper turned in  to me.   I noted that
>> AdaHome is no longer a viable source of up-to-date information
>> about Ada.   He corrected the reference.
>>
>> The problem is that AdaHome continues to be a bad choice
>> for anyone trying to  get current information about Ada.  How
>> can we correct this problem?
>
>Perhaps one could write to Kempe Software Capital Enterprises =>
>http://www.ksce.com/ and ask if one could get to some sort of
agreement?

I tried that; I would have even tried to get the ARA to provide some
money if that was necessary. But he doesn't seem to want to tell anyone
what he actually wants.

Anyway, I've been campaigning to eliminate as many links as possible to
AdaHome. That should cause it to drop down (or off) of the Google search
engine results, which seems to be about all we can do.

(And, of course, when searching for Ada related info, use the Ada wide
search engine at http://www.adaic.com/site/wide-search.html - you can
include AdaHome in those searches, but it is not included by default.)

If you know of any web sites that link to Ada Home, ask the web master
to find alternative links. Feel free to have them contact me; I've found
alternatives for nearly everything. (For instance, the Lovelace tutorial
is hosted at a number of other places, the author has moved the
"official" version to another site. Don't link to the Ada Home version.)

                      Randy.