From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Alsys Ada Compiler for MS-DOS
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:02:58 -0500
Date: 2003-05-27T16:02:58-05:00	[thread overview]

http://www.rrsoftware.com).
>> And that's still an Ada 83 compiler; we never made an Ada 95 version.
>>
>>                 Randy.
>
>I was wondering, could I compile on Win NT using Janus/Ada 83 and then
>run the executable on a 286?

Well, the vanilla DOS version would run on Win NT (it is just an MS-DOS
program without much extra). But it's limited in the size of programs it
compiles (the symboltable has to fit in 640K, and Text_IO takes up more
than half of the available space). The DOS Extender hosted version of
Janus/Ada 83 (which is not limited in the size of programs) doesn't work
on Windows NT, although it does work on Windows 95/98/ME. The DOS
Extender company went out of business instead of fixing it when we
complained. :-(

It would be possible to compile a Windows NT hosted version of the
Janus/Ada 83 compiler, but it would take a bit of work (because of Ada
83-95 incompatibilies and system-dependent code). So we'd have to charge
a bit extra for that. Write me a note at randy@rrsoftware.com if you're
interested.

                  Randy Brukardt.