From: Doug.Warner@cs.dartmouth.edu (Doug Warner)
Subject: Re: gnat and dlls
Date: 1996/05/21
Date: 1996-05-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

    Eric> Is there any way I can write procedures in Ada, compile with
    Eric> gnat, and end up with a dll, which could then be accessed by a
    Eric> windows program, like visual basic?

    Tom> There probably is, but AFAIK no one has done this so far.  To
    Tom> some degree, it depends on how general you want the solution
    Tom> to be.  There are some issues with respect to making the Ada
    Tom> runtime a separate DLL, and how initialization is done.

I don't know anything about windows & dlls, but it was pretty easy to
create a `hello, world' shared library for OSF/1 on an alpha.  It
looked like it wouldn't take too much work to automate the process,
but I don't know enough about gnat.

Just my $0.005,

Doug Warner
--
"Friends are God's apology for relatives" --- Hugh Kingsmill