* What if I upgrade my Operaton System
@ 2005-09-29 22:57 Richard Lowe
From: Richard Lowe @ 2005-09-29 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I currently use Gnat 1.35np and GtkAda-2.2.0. If I upgrade from Windows 98SE
to Windows XP will all Ada things continute to work correctly. Will my
existing Ada programs produces under 98SE still work under XP?

Thanks in advance.

* Re: What if I upgrade my Operaton System
@ 2005-09-30  2:24 ` jimmaureenrogers
From: jimmaureenrogers @ 2005-09-30  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Lowe wrote:
> I currently use Gnat 1.35np and GtkAda-2.2.0. If I upgrade from Windows 98SE
> to Windows XP will all Ada things continute to work correctly. Will my
> existing Ada programs produces under 98SE still work under XP?

Yes, the Gnat compiler will continue to work properly.

I also expect your existing Ada programs to work as before.

Jim Rogers

* Re: What if I upgrade my Operaton System
@ 2005-09-30  2:38 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2005-09-30  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Richard Lowe" <richard.lowe9@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>I currently use Gnat 1.35np and GtkAda-2.2.0. If I upgrade from Windows
>98SE
> to Windows XP will all Ada things continute to work correctly. Will my
> existing Ada programs produces under 98SE still work under XP?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I don't run GtkAda, but I am not having any problems on Windows XP Pro.  I
don't know about home edition though.

Steve
(The Duck)

* Re: What if I upgrade my Operaton System
@ 2005-09-30  7:46 ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2005-09-30  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

They will work better under XP than under 98SE: some programs,
probabily those using more memory, crash randomly with a PROGRAM_ERROR
under the 9X series; this doesn't happen under the NT series.
Gautier