From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: GUI with Ada?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:50:26 -0600
Date: 2009-12-18T15:50:26-06:00	[thread overview]

"Vadim Godunko" <vgodunko@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:b10955e8-390b-4f44-abe5-d457a2012713@m3g2000yqf.googlegroups.com...
On Dec 18, 11:44 pm, "Nasser M. Abbasi" <n...@12000.org> wrote:

> I know there are few choices for the GUI, and just wanted to check what is
> the "best" choice do you think for that. One with a GUI builder would be
> nice (i.e. where one can pick the components and lay them out to design
> the
> interface). This will be an school program, nothing commercial. I wanted
> try to write some basic finite element code in Ada, but need a GUI part
> for
> the simulation part.

"As for Qt, it includes GUI development tool known as Qt Designer. In
contrast to Gtk+, Qt has very nice documentation and special tool to
navigate and to do search in it. QGraphicsView framework can be a
significant help to develop some kinds of 2D graphical application, Qt
includes integration with OpenGL also."

Thanks Vadim for the info; I will look at Qt also. I always find a GUI
builder easier to use to layout components than doing that using just code.
Much less time, but may be not as flexible, but the time saving is worth it
for me.

--Nasser