From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: AdaIC.org
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:40:47 -0600
Date: 2003-03-28T14:40:47-06:00	[thread overview]

Jeffrey Carter wrote in message <3E848504.5040509@spam.com>...
>Does anyone know what's happened to www.adaic.org?

Our hosting company reports that the server holding our site (and a
number of others) was broken into and trashed yesterday. They got it
running for a while yesterday, but its now inoperative. They built and
deployed a spare server, which was attacked the same way. This server
supposely had all of the current patches. A second attempt also failed.
This morning, they finally were able to trace the attack vector, and
they've rebuilt yet another server which is supposed to be fully up
(with the sites restored) in a couple of hours. We'll see.

In the mean time, I suggest using the backup server at www.adaic.com. I
host that server here specifically so that it is very unlikely that both
servers fail at the same time. (But www.adaic.com has a substantially
slower connection to the Internet, so access to large files will be
slower.)

              Randy Brukardt
              Technical Webmaster, adaic.org/adaic.com